About Us

Brown Supply Co. was founded in 1955 by Tom Brown and his friend, Harold Kirchner. Harold ran the office while Tom called on customers and delivered the product stored in his garage. Shortly thereafter a building was purchased at 215 Pine St., Lima Ohio (That building is currently the Thai Jasmine Restaurant in Lima Ohio) and Brown Supply Co. occupied that location until they moved to their current location at 2455 Cable Ct. in Lima, Ohio sometime in 1958. Through the years there have been several expansions to the warehouse and showroom along with the purchase of Hubman Distributors of Columbus, Ohio in 2011, expanding our market into the central Ohio area.

Today, Tom’s daughters Debra and Tamara are proud to continue Tom's legacy. Since the retirement of Harold Kirchner in 1992, Brown Supply has been managed by Paul Yingst.

We as a company are proud of the fact that several generations of employees are presently or at one time employed at Brown Supply Co. These include:

  • Tom Brown and daughter, Debra Grant and grandson, Jon Grant
  • Sam Golden and son, Steve
  • Ralph Kersh and son, Dave
  • Tom Reineck and son-in-law, Jack Cecil
  • Darrel Swinehart and son, Brian
  • Tom Wehinger and son, Bill
  • Paul Yingst and son, Mark

Our Staff

Staff members Debbie and Marilyn

Mrs. Thomas Brown, Corporate Officer and Debra Grant, Owner

Staff member Tammy LeRoux

Tamara LeRoux, Owner

Several Brown Supply Company staff members

Missy, Peggy, Sue and Sierra, Office Personnel

Paul Yingst in the Brown Supply Company office

Paul Yingst, General Manager

Jack Lewis on a Tennant T350 Stand-On Floor Scrubber

Jack Lewis, Columbus Branch Manager

Mark in the Brown Supply Company office

Mark Yingst, Director of Sales and Business Expansion